CMC Bugatti T35 Nation Color Project – Italy, 1924
Limited Edition 800 pcs.
For Ettore Bugatti, building cars was simply a matter of seeking perfection or, in other words, a kind of art whichmust be presented in an aesthetic way. The Type 35 startedan era during which Bugatti became the most prominentmake in motor sports for approximately seven years.With the “Nation Colour Project,” we intend to bring thecommemoration of colourful racing scenes of the 20s and30s right to your living room. Rules had it that eachparticipant car of a Grand Prix be decked out in thedesignated colours of its homeland. This model is finished in the official colour pattern of Italy.
It was the motor-sports-craving France that inaugurated the first “Grand Prix” race in 1906. Following the end of WWI, other countries began to host the so-called “Great Prices” races, as well. With the popularity of “Grand Prix” growing in the world, it soon became synonymous with international motor racing. The black and white pictures in the contemporary archives, however,
fail to do justice to all the colourful race cars of the 1920s and 1930s. Since rules dictated back then that each participating team must have its car(s) donned in a finish of nation-specific colour(s), the starting field typically presented a fantastic, colourful scene.
With this in mind, CMC has focused its attention on the Grand Prix model of the Bugatti T35, the most dominant race car of its time, so as to show the diversity of nation-specific racing colours once common on the race tracks. We started the project by featuring the racing colours of Great Britain, Spain, and Poland. Each item is limited to a specific quantity based on the historic achievements and appeal of the car.
What you are looking at is a highly-detailed precision replica, where the correct colour pattern is our primary concern. Please be advised that we do not claim that the appearance of our model as well as its decals (e.g. starting numbers) are historically accurate. Nor do we make reference to a specific race or driver with these models.
- Hand-assembled metal precision model, built with more than 930 single parts
- Authentic replication of the body, crafted true to scale
- Finished in the once officially designated red racing colour of Italy (Starting number 11 and any other labeling on the body are fictitious)
- Side-mounted spare wheel, secured with leather belts
- lid metal front axle, painted in a dull silver finish
- Hinged two-wing engine hood, perforated with cooling louvers and equipped with two leather straps Long extensions of finely-cut ventilation slots, neatly perforated in the metal body panels above the lateral edges of the car
- Radiator grill and stone-chipping protection fence made of metal
- Metal leaf springs with suspension functions at the front and rear axles
- Removable two-wing tank cap made of stainless steel
- Highly detailed 8-cylinder in-line engine, replicated with aggregates, cabling and pipes
- Realistic-looking gearshift and handbrake lever outside of the cockpit, but they allow for symbolic rather than operational manipulation
- Movable protection grille on the drivers side
- True-to-the-original replication of the steering housing with worm gear
- Double exhaust pipes made of metal
- The metal handle that serves to crank the engine can turn and rotate
- Highly authentic wheels, featuring a cast aluminum design and ribbed aswell as flanged brake drums. Each wheel is made of 35 single parts
- Removable wheel with an authentic four-ear threaded nut
- Distinctive tyre patterns for the front- and rear wheels
- Seats and backrest are covered in real brown leather
- Steering wheel with metal spokes and a cord-wrapped rim
- Authentically replicated dashboard covered by a metallic surface of geometric brushes and complete with instruments, plus a magneto for fuel ignition
- Cockpit hand oil pump lever is movable
- Water-temperature gauge on top of the cooler cap
Special feature: Metal body screws are custom-made in the famous Bugatti style. All body screws are positioned faithfully according to the original and secured by a stainless steel wire.
TECHNICAL DATA (ORIGINAL VEHICLE)
- 8-cylinder in-line-engine (double block)
- Overhead camshaft
- 3 valves for each cylinder
- Two times Zenith-horizontal carburettor
|Maximum output:||95 hp at 6,000 rpm|
|Top speed:||approx. 180 km/h|
|Wheel base:||2,400 mm|
|Total length:||3,700 mm|
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.
- New Items 2020
- Book 25 Years CMC
- Catalog 2020
- Available soon
- All Products
- Models 1/18
- Engines and Chassis
- Models 1/12
- Currently not available