CMC Auto Union Type C, 1936-1937
With the introduction of this legendary racing car in 1936, Auto Union was from the beginning very successful in the Grand Prix events. The most popular driver with this racing car was Bernd Rosemeyer, which won with the type C the European Championship in the year 1936. He could continue his success also in the year 1937 with additional 5 Grand Prix victories.
- Hand-assembled precision metal model, built from 1,191 single parts
- Removable engine hood with real rubber o-rings for locking hooks
- Moveable Windscreen
- True-to-the-original replication of the 16-cylinder V-type engine with all aggregates, pipes and cabling
- Dual exhaust system made of metal
- Crank-arm front suspension with friction-shock absorbers made of metal
- Metal rear axle with oscillation dampers
- Handcrafted radiator grill of stainless steel with a detailed cooling system and oil/fuel delivery lines
- Openable fuel tank cap made of stainless steel
- Cockpit fitted with a textile-covered driver seat and dashboard with interesting, in airplane-look designed instruments with a dominating r.p.m. counter as a round instrument.
- Perfectly wired wheels with a light alloy rim, stainless steel, spokes and nipples.
- Removable central locking nuts with right- and left-hand threads (side-dependent).
- Brilliant high gloss paintwork in a “Silver Arrow” – silver-finish
HISTORY (ORIGINAL VEHICLE)
With the Type C, Auto Union delegated a 750kg formula racing car as of 1936 to the international racing events with property to be able to defeat the established brands, especially the favorite Mercedes Benz.
The Bolide developed by Ferdinand Porsche showed the revolutionary order of the position of a 16 cylinder V-engine behind the driver an in front of the rear axle as an important construction feature.
The engine was charged by a Roots compressor and type C reached a performance in the third stage of development of 520 HP at 5000 RPM.
This pure strength asked the highest sensitivity and absolute driving knowledge of the pilot.
No less a person than Bernd Rosemeyer, the new star in the Grand Prix racing circus mastered this racing car so expertly and sovereignly, that he advanced to the indisputable leading driver as of 1936 and for the brand with the four sinuous rings he hurried from victory to victory.
So the combination, brilliant racing car type C and the young driver talent Bernd Rosemeyer with 5 Grand Prix victories and the coronation as a European Champion became success story 1936.
Also 1937, Bernd Rosemeyer was the superior driver with his type C, who in turn could decide 5 races for himself and thus furthermore prevented the absolute dominance of Mercedes.
Technical Data of Original Vehicle
- Monoposto with free-standing wheels on a tubular frame
- 16-cylinder V-engine
- 2 valves per cylinder, controlled by one overhead cam shaft
- Roots compressor
- Dry sump lubrication
|Maximum output:||520 hp at 5,000 rpm|
|Top speed:||approx. 340 km/h|
|Maximum torque:||870 nm|
|Mixture preparation:||1 Solex horizontal dual-carburettor|
|Bore x stroke:||75 x 85 mm|
|Wheel base:||2,910 mm|
|Track front/rear:||1,420 / 1,420 mm|
|Total length:||3,920 mm|
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.
- New items 2021
- CMC Mercedes-Benz 600 Pullman
- Low stock
- Book 25 Years CMC
- Catalog 2020
- Available soon
- All Products
- Models 1/18
- CMC Alfa-Romeo
- CMC Audi
- CMC Auto Union
- CMC Bugatti
- CMC Ferrari
- CMC Jaguar
- CMC Lancia
- CMC Maserati
- CMC Mercedes-Benz
- CMC Talbot-Lago
- Limited Editions
- Road vehicles
- Race cars
- Race cars Mille Miglia
- Race cars 24H France
- Formula 1 vehicles
- Post-war vehicles
- Pre-war vehicles
- Commercial vehicles
- Dioramas / Displays / Bundles
- Engines and Chassis
- Models 1/12
- Currently not available