CMC Mercedes-Benz W25, #4 Luigi Fagioli GP Monaco, 1935
Limited Edition 2000 pcs.
Mercedes-Benz participated in the 1935 GP Season with an even more advanced W25. The newly-developed engine was capable of yielding a maximum output of approx. 430 hp. The premiere race of this season took place in Monaco on the 22nd of April. Luigi Fagioli was able to achieve a convincing victory on his W25B.
244,00€ inc. 19% VAT
Following its re-emergence on the Grand Prix racing scene in 1934, Mercedes competed fairly well from the very beginning. To do even better in the 1934 season Mercedes introduced quite a few technical improvements on its W25 and pushed the maximum engine output to 430 hp.
The premiere race of the season was the Monaco GP, which took place on April 22nd, 1935. Mercedes entered three cars for the race, driven by Caracciola, von Brauchitsch, and Luigi Fagioli, an Italian. Among their competitors were racing legends like Nuvolari, von Drefus and Chiron (all on Alfa Romeo). Other teams, such as those of Maserati and Bugatti, were no less ambitious to win. Only Auto Union had decided not to participate in the race.
Racing with starting number 4, Fagioli managed to take the lead right after the take-off. He dominated the race till the very end. In fact, by the time he crossed the finish line he was more than half a lap ahead of the next competitor.
Mercedes-Benz could not have asked for a better start to the 1935 season. They virtually raced at this level all season long. By the end of the season, Mercedes won 9 out of 11 races. Rudolf Caracciola alone had six victories to his credit, which made him the European Champion of the year.
- Hand-assembled precision model composed of more than 890 single parts
- Authentically-formed and true-to-scale body
- 8-cylinder in-line-engine with compressor, all aggregates, pipes and cabling
- Removable engine hood with open-cut air louvres and spring-loaded locking hooks
- Hand-made radiator grille of stainless steel bars joined with solder and inlaid with wire mesh
- Perfect stainless steel spokes and aluminum rims. Each spoke is mounted with a nipple.
- Removable, double-winged central locking nut
- Dashboard made of stainless steel with controls and instruments on a marbled surface
- The driver seat is covered with textile, and the head rest with real leather
- Brilliant paintwork. Starting number is printed by the tampon printing method
TECHNICAL DATA (ORIGINAL VEHICLE)
- 8-cylinder in-line-engine with compressor (Roots blower)
- Singel wheel suspension at the front
- Four valves for each cylinder, controlled by two overhead cam shafts
- Swing axle in the back connected with a 4 gear drive
|Maximum output:||430 hp at 5,800 / rpm|
|Top speed:||approx. 300 km/h|
|Bore x stroke:||82 x 94.5 mm|
|Wheel base:||2,717 mm|
|Track front/rear:||1,473 / 1,422 mm|
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.