CMC Bugatti Type 35 Grand Prix, 1924
Ettore Bugatti belongs without a doubt to the most ingenious designing engineers in automobile history. Already one of the first creations of the so-called „Le Patron“, the Bugatti Type 35, became a technical masterpiece.
It became a classic and the source and inspiration for many further racing- and sports cars.
Born in Milan on September 15, 1881, Ettore Bugatti already had a factory founded in Molsheim, Alsace when he was still young. Within a few years, everyone in the nascent automobile industry was talking about that “genius of Molsheim.”
For Ettore Bugatti, designing cars was a matter of seeking perfection, or in other words, a pursuit of both beauty and functionality. In 1924, with the Type 35 he started an era characterized by Bugatti dominance for the next six or seven years. During this period, the Type 35 proved to be a perennial victor on the motorsport scene, winning races like no other car had ever done, or would ever do.
CMC would like to pay its tribute to the successes of the Type 35 as well as to its technical and styling achievements. The replica that is presented to you features unparalleled detailing of the 1924 Grand Prix version of the Type 35 (without the spare wheel). It is made of 926 parts and assembled with meticulous skills and craftsmanship so as to do justice to the famous Bugatti brand and its unique styling represented by a prominent horse-shoe cooler.
- Hand-assembled metal precision model made of more than 926 single parts
- Authentic replication of the body (Grand Prix racing version without spare wheel)
- Compact front axle of metal. Painted in a dull silver finish
- Front wheel suspension in a typical Bugatti slanting position with positive wheel camber
- Two-winged engine hood with perforated cooling louver. Hinged opening mechanism and two fastening leather belts
- Metal chassis with ventilation slots perforated in the lower part of the car body longitudinally
- Radiator grill and stone-chipping protection fence made of metal
- Fully functional metal compound springs at the front and rear axle
- Removable two-winged tank cap made of stainless steel
- Highly detailed 8-cylinder in-line-engine, including all aggregates, cabling and pipes
- The gearshift and handbrake lever outside of the cockpit allows for operational movement symbolically
- Movable protection fence on the drivers side
- True-to-the-original replication of the steering box with worm gear
- Double exhaust pipes made of metal
- The metal starting crank handle can turn and rotate
- True-to-the-original metal wheels with an aluminum assemblage, including the flange-mounted finned drum
- Removable wheel with an authentic four-winged ring nut (each wheel assembled from 35 single parts)
- Seats and backrest are covered in real black leather
- Steering wheel with metal spokes and a cord-wrapped rim
- Authentically replicated dashboard in a metallic finish of geometric brush markings and complete with instruments and a magneto for fuel ignition.
- Movable lever for the cockpit-hand oil pump
Special feature: Metal body screws custom-made in the famous Bugatti style. All body screws are positioned true to the original and secured by a stainless
TECHNICAL DATA (ORIGINAL VEHICLE)
- 8-cylinder in-line-engine (double block , each with 4-cylinders)
- Overhead camshaft, 3 valves for each cylinder
- Two times Zenith-horizontal carburettor
|Bore x stroke:||60 x 88 mm|
|Maximum output:||approx. 95 hp at 6,000 rpm|
|Top speed:||approx. 180 km/h|
|Track front/rear:||1,200 mm|
|Vehicle length:||3,700 mm|
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.
- 25 Years Special Offers
- New Items 2020
- Catalog 2020
- Available soon
- All Products
- Models 1/18
- Models 1/12
- Currently not available