CMC Talbot-Lago Coupé T150 C-SS Figoni & Falaschi “Teardrop”, 1937-39
For the CMC management, the Talbot Lago Coupé is a long held and deeply cherished dream come true. In the early years of CMC, this demanding type of vehicle was still a little ambitious to meet the high model challenges of this century classic. From today’s point of view, after more than twenty years of experience in classic car modelling, we were now ready to reproduce this dream vehicle with the unmatched elegance and aesthetics of the “Teardrop” bodywork by the French sheet metal virtuoso Figoni & Falaschi as a world-class, high-end model.
493,00€ inc. 19% VAT
When the decision was taken at CMC to reproduce the Talbot Lago Coupé with its “Teardrop” bodywork as a model, the pulse of our model builders quickened and the joy of reproducing such a piece of art was tremendous. But, at the same time there was also the challenge and obligation to do justice to this demanding project.Many experts around the world are in agreement that this vehicle can no longer be classified with the standards applying to cars otherwise. The Talbot Lago, with its bodywork made by the famous French sheet metal cutters Figoni & Falaschi, looks like it is from another planet. The car is simply what would be called “state of the art” today.
When Talbot presented the Coupé for the first time during the Paris Motor Show in 1937, the visitors were impressed immediately.This very quickly gave rise to the terms “goutte d’eau” (drop of water) and “teardrop coupé”, which were never used officially, but which provided the suitable words for the extraordinary shape. Everything about this fascinating vehicle and every detail attest to a deep love of design and matching accessories. Every line and every rail supports the effect without appearing obtrusive. This car is a harmonious unit – from the narrow front fender to the chromium-plated exhaust tail piece. In addition, there is the luxuriously equipped interior with artistic workmanship of noble wood and elegant leather.A silky-smooth running six-cylinder in-line engine works under the bonnet of the Coupé at either 140 or 160 hp, depending on the model. Powerful torque guarantees energetic drive and good acceleration values.Just 16 of these cars – with each individual vehicle differing in either a hardly perceptible or a greater, conspicuous detail – were built between 1937 and 1939.Only about a quarter of these impressive vehicles are still known today, witnesses to a bygone era, when form was still a priority.
- Hand-assembled precision metal model, built from 1,488 single parts
- True-to-scale, authentic replication of the “Teardrop”-bodywork, customized by the renowned French coachbuilders Figoni & Falaschi
- Precisely designed vehicle-frame as metal construction
- Openable engine-hood with real air-vents. Supporting rod keeps the engine-hood in opened position
- True to the original, distinctive front end with headlights recessed into the bodywork and arranged behind a chromium-plated metal grid. Perfectly designed cooler grill made of metal
- Functional metal-sunroof, easy to open
- Elaborate, side body trim strips made of metal
- Form-fitting cover of the rear wheels with crescent shaped fender skirts
- Movable doors
- Highly detailed replication of the 6-cylinder in-line engine with all aggregates, pipes and cabling
- Perfectly-wired wheels with a light alloy rim, stainless steel spokes and nipples, Removable two-wing central locking nuts
- Trunk lid has supporting rods on both sides and opens to reveal a removable spare-wheel
- Seat bench and foldable backrest upholstered with leather
- Meticulous replication of the dashboard with all instruments and controls
- Elaborate undercarriage with an authentically-replicated powertrain
- Brilliant paintwork in a contemporary greyish-blue color-shade
TECHNICAL DATA (ORIGINAL VEHICLE)
- Lightweight chassis with short wheel base
- 4-liter 6-cylinder in-line engine
- Wilson 4-speed pre-selector gearbox
- Single-wheel-suspension with transverse leave spring in the front
- Rear axle with longitudinal leaf-springs
- Bowden-cable drum-brakes all around
|Maximum output:||depending on the model between 140 and 160 hp at 4,200 rpm|
|Top speed:||approx. 185 km/h|
|Track front:||1,360 (1,372) mm|
|Track rear:||1,360 (1,461) mm|
|Construction period/quantity:||1937-1939; 16 pcs.|
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.