The Alfa-Romeo P3 is undoubtedly one of the most successful Grand Prix racing cars of the pre-war era. The single-seater with in-line eight-cylinder engine was designed by the ingenious Vittorio Jano as the successor to the 8C Monza and features a technical peculiarity: two half-axles arranged in a V-shape lead from the differential to the rear, driving the rear wheels. The driver is placed exactly in the middle of the V of the two half-axles to lower the center of gravity. After Alfa faced financial problems in the 1933 season, Enzo Ferrari took over the P3 and now continued Alfa’s racing activities under the Scuderia Ferrari label. At the wheel were thoroughbreds like Nuvolari, Caracciola, Chiron and Fagioli.