CMC Talbot-Lago Type 150 SS Figoni & Falaschi “Teardrop” Coupé, Racing Version 24h France 1939
Limited Edition 1500 pcs.
Due to its excellent engine with powerful torque and good acceleration values, the “Teardop” coupé was also predestined for participation in motor sports. A “Teardop” for instance achieved an impressive third place in the overall class segment during the 24-hour Le Mans race in 1938.
Our model with the starting number 8, which we dedicated to the 1939 Le Mans race, was less lucky.
Only accessible to the very rich and famous already in those days, the Talbot-Lago T150 SS Coupé did find its way also onto the great racetracks of the world, where the French luxury vehicle was able to convince with victories and successes, even under the toughest conditions.
The French racing drivers Duke Philippe de Massa and Norbert Jean Mahé piloted a Talbot-Lago Coupé with the starting number 8 for the British owner T.A.S.O. Mathieson in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in June 1939, the last event before the beginning of World War II. A strenuous and material-butchering chase across the formerly 13.492 kilometre long track along the Sarthe required that both pilots gave everything they had.
After a disastrous spin on the oily course, which left man and machine unscathed, the race continued, albeit in the wrong direction, and the vehicle was disqualified by the race organizers in the 88th round after they had held a very good 9th place.
Extensive modifications and accessories distinguish this car with chassis number 90117 from the serial vehicles. CMC spared no cost and commitment to implement these modifications and deviating parts on our replica (see model description).
Look forward to an authentic reproduction of this Le Mans race participant so steeped in history, and which so unhappily had to terminate the race.
Hand-crafted metal precision model built from 1,436 parts, which is equipped with unique modifications compared to the standard version item-No. M-145.
- Superimposed engine bonnet with extensive air-vents on the sides for improved engine cooling. Two leather-belt-fastenings as an additional fixation of the engine hood.
- Covers of the engine oil- and cooling water-filler necks accessible from the outside
- Functional metal-sun-roof with a tapered contour on the front edge
- Enlarged fuel-tank with a racing-quick-lock outside of the trunk, located on the left rear fender
- No bumpers front/rear
- Metal-bar with two auxiliary lamps mounted on the vehicle front
- Metal struts of the cooler mask painted black. Start number 8 in white
- Brand-emblem above the cooler grill in a retangular design, instead of the round plaque
- No rear wheel cover (fender skirt) left/right
- Two additional cockpit-ventilation openings below the windschield
- White encircled black starting number 8 in on both doors and on the right side of the trunk lid
- Front license plate (9410-RM) offset from the vehicle center to the right and rear license plate in semicircular variation
- Chromed center-fin on the trunk lid
- Removable spare-wheel in the trunk
- Full width bench-seat replaced thru two semi-bucket-seats
- Specifically for Le Mans tailored speedometer with 250 km/h-display
- Model-paintwork in original metallic-brilliantblue
Technical Data of Original Car
- Lightweight chassis with short wheel base
- 4-liter 6-cylinder in-line engine
- Wilson 4-speed pre-selector gearbox
- Single-wheel-suspension with transverse leave spring in the front
- Rear axle with longitudinal leaf-springs
- Bowden-cable drum-brakes all around
Special features: Vehicle is an individual construction as a race version with devating parts (see model-description)
|Maximum output:||160 hp at 4,200 rpm|
|Top speed:||approx. 185 km/h|
|Track front:||1,360 (1,372) mm|
|Track rear:||1,360 (1,461) mm|
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.