CMC Mercedes-Benz LO 2750 Platform Truck, 1933-1936
At the end of the twenties, a new era of truck manufacturing began in the factory of Daimler-Benz in Gaggenau. Their plans were calculated and different. By 1932 they presented the first truck series that featured the diesel engine as a standard feature. This was a daring initiative and it paid off. Within a short period of time, the diesel engine replaced the then commonly used Otto-engine. The diesel engine, because of its high reliability and efficiency, became the benchmark for all other truck engines. With a new fleet of highly adaptable and customizable trucks, a new Era in trucking was born.
624,00€ inc. 19% VAT
After the global economic crisis of the late 1920s was over, an industrial resurgence was looming large everywhere. The Daimler-Benz AG lost no time in developing new, innovative commercial vehicles at its factory in Gaggenau, which made a name for efficiency and technical reliability. The offer of diesel-powered trucks back then was nothing short of being revolutionary.
Based on our replica of the racing-car transporter LO 2750, we introduce this 2.75-ton platform truck of the type LO 2750. Sturdy, compact-looking, and equipped with an economical 65 hp diesel engine, it was a popular means of transportation for medium- and small-sized companies in the 1930s. With a spacious, easily accessible deck and a maximum load up to 2.75 tons, this truck was capable of handling almost every transport need. Between 1933 and 1936, approximately 3,500 diesel-powered units of the LO 2750 rolled off the Daimler-Benz assembly line in the northern Black Forest.
We hereby offer you a standard version of this replica with an open loading platform in a two-tone finish. Made of real wood, the side and tail boards can be folded down. This masterpiece of model making is complete with a beautifully crafted cabin and an authentic 4-cylinder diesel engine housed under a three-piece detachable bonnet.
- Hand-crafted metal precision model built from 2,059 single parts
- True-to-the-original, open loading bed
- Metal furnishings on the side boards and tailgate
- Side boards and tailgate can be folded down; both are made of real wood
- Highly detailed 4-cylinder diesel-engine, complete with all aggregates, pipes and cabling
- Detachable three-part bonnet with spring-loaded locking hooks
- Hand-crafted stainless-steel cooler with a Mercedes-Star filler cap that unscrews (caution needed, risk of breakage, observe operating instructions)
- Beautifully-replicated driver’s cab with a movable hand-brake lever and hinged windscreen. Seats are upholstered in real leather, and the bench cushion is removable
- Openable doors and functional direction indicator (winker)
- Fuel tank made of metal with functional filler cap, underneath the passenger-seat
- Openable tool box, mounted left on the frame
- Detachable spare wheel underneath the loading bed in the rear
- Front and rear axle made of metal. Detailed undercarriage with a rigid steel frame and strong semi-elliptic leaf-springs front/rear
- Billiant two-tone painting in ochre/red
Description of the type designation “LO 2750”:
Number 2750 = cargo load in kilo
“L” Chassis is usable for trucks(L)
“O” and for busses(O)
TECHNICAL DATA (ORIGINAL VEHICLE)
- Loading bed manufactured by using selected materials, harmoniously adapted to the chassis
- Rigid steel frame, connected with strong cross-members
- 4-cylinder diesel engine OM 65 with Bosch injection pump & MB precombustion
- Cylinder housing and crankcase cast in one block
- Cylinder heads combined in pairs
- Strong semi-elliptic leaf-springs front/rear
- Hydraulic four-wheel brake
- Spacious driver’s cab, designed for 3 persons
|Bore x Stroke||110 x 130 mm|
|Output:||65 hp at 2,000 rpm|
|Track front/rear:||1,715 / 1,605 mm|
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.