CMC Lancia D50, 1955 Rolling Chassis
Limited Edition 1000 pcs.
This ground-breaking Lancia D50 is a gem in the Grand Prix racing history and is stunningly interesting to look behind the body panels. This rolling chassis replica from CMC offers a revealing way to display a legendary car in a new perspective with which to eyeball it.
285,00€ inc. 19% VAT
With the body panels removed, you can have a perfect sight on the sophisticated structure of the rigid tubular space frame. You can also see the highly detailed engine being a stressed member of the frame structure and the whole drive train of the Lancia D50. The CMC replica offers revealing looks into the interior of its cockpit and these parts of the suspension assemblage which was covered by the body panels otherwise. Also clearly visible are details of the cooling system, the oil circulation and the driver´s place.
A centerpiece in the front chassis is the impressive V8-engine with a maximum output of 260 hp mounted 12° to the left in the longitudinal axis. It featured the relocation and integration of the transmission to the rear axle as a block unit that came to be known as transaxle. This arrangement was motivated by the need to shift the weight balance towards the rear and down in height for aerodynamic virtues. Vented hydraulic drum brakes on all four wheels served to ensure a reliable and necessary delay when the car slowed down from a top speed of approximately 300 km/h.
- Rolling chassis complete with an impressive tubular space frame
- Drive chain with a highly-detailed engine and transmission integrated into a differential transaxle
- Functional steering
- Removable spoked wheels
- Oilsystem replicated with oil coolers
Special features: Perfect metal replication of the sophisticated tubular space frame, which supports a light-weight alloy body designed by Vittorio Jano. The Rolling Chassis will be delivered together with an acrylic baseplate.
TECHNICAL DATA (ORIGINAL VEHICLE)
- Monoposto built on a tubular frame with free-standing wheels
- 2.5-litre V8 engine as a stressed member of the chassis
- Two valves per cylinder controlled by two overhead camshafts
- Dry sump oil lubrication
- Mixture preparation with four Solex PII double carburettors
- Dual ignition (two plugs per cylinder)
- Bore x stroke: 73.6 x 73.1 mm
- Displacement: 2,488 cc
- Maximum output: 260 HP at 8,000 rpm
- Five-speed manual gearbox installed behind the driver
- Top speed: 300 Km/h (depending on ratio)
- Wheelbase: 2,280 mm
- Track front/rear: 1,294 / 1,330 mm
- Total length: 3, 570 mm
- Total width: 1,600 mm
- Total height: 1,001 mm
- Curb weight: 620 kg (with body panels and pannier tanks)
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.