CMC Ferrari 275 GTB/C, 1966, Chassis 09057
Limited Edition 1000 pcs.
Back in 1966, Ferrari launched a new competition version of the 275 GTB and designated this series as 275 GTB/C. Twelve 275 GTB/C cars were built by the racing department of Ferrari at Maranello. Eight of them, including Chassis 09057, featured a left-hand drive configuration.
The car with Chassis No. 9057 was ordered through Luigi Chinetti, Ferrari’s US Concessionaire for the North American Racing Team and delivered on Sept. 18, 1966 to Bob Hutchins, the first owner. He briefly raced the car before selling it on to Harley Cluxton, once again through Chinetti’s Ferrari dealership. The car remained in the United States for the next four decades or more, and it was raced extensively throughout the 1990s in historic events.
In 2010, this Ferrari was displayed by Fiskens at Retromobile, Paris 2010 and acquired by Vincent Gaye, a Belgian historic racer. He had the car meticulously prepared so that it is now one of the fastest cars of its type. In its metallic light blue livery and with start number #55, Chassis 9057 was seen during the Second Spa Classic in 2012 and in the Third Spa Classic one year later, where it finished first in the Trofeo Nastro Rosso race 1 and race 2 respectively (races for Italian sports cars and GTs from before 1966).
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.
- New Items 2020
- Book 25 Years CMC
- Catalog 2020
- All Products
- Models 1/18
- Engines and Chassis
- Models 1/12
- Currently not available