CMC Mercedes-Benz Lo 2750 Truck with tarpaulin, 1933-1936
At the end of the twenties, a new era of truck manufacturing started in the Daimler-Benz factory in Gaggenau. By 1932 Mercedes-Benz presented the first truck series that featured the Diesel engine as a standard feature. This was a daring initiative and it paid off. Within a short period of time, the reliable and efficient Diesel engine replaced the then commonly used Otto engine.
After the global economic crisis of the late 1920s was over, an industrial resurgence was looming large everywhere. The Daimler-Benz AG lost no time in developing new, innovative commercial vehicles at its factory in Gaggenau, which made a name for efficiency and technical reliability. The offer of diesel-powered trucks back then was nothing short of being revolutionary.
Based on our replica of the platform truck, we also are offering a version of the Lo 2750 with a tarpaulin-covered platform frame. The tarpaulin cover of the model is tied down with a piece of cord, which goes through the U-shaped brass hooks that pop out of the tarpaulin eyelets and is tied up along the mid-line of the tailgate. The tarpaulin cover is detachable, and the possibilities of the cargo are virtually endless. A masterly-done three-tone finish of green, red, and black provides a harmoniously-blended appearance to this impressive truck-replica.
In commemoration of the CMC co-founder Mr. Herbert Nickerl, the tarpaulin is printed with his name, as if the man were moving to be ahead of time, which we think he was.
- Hand-crafted metal precision model built from 2,247 single parts
- True-to-the-original loading bed and tarpaulin cover
- Metal framework with wood-plank support for the tarpaulin
- Metal furnishings on the side boards and tailgate
- Side boards and tailgate can be folded down; both are made of real wood
- Foldable tarpaulin made of textile with brass eyelets and leather straps
- Highly detailed 4-cylinder diesel-engine, complete with all aggregates, pipes and cabling
- Detachable three-part bonnet with spring-loaded locking hooks
- Hand-crafted stainless-steel cooler with a Mercedes-Star filler cap that unscrews (caution needed, risk of breakage, observe operating instructions)
- Beautifully-replicated driver’s cab with a movable hand-brake lever and hinged windscreen. Seats are upholstered in real leather, and the bench cushion is removable.
- Openable doors and functional direction indicator (winker)
- Fuel tank made of metal with functional filler cap, underneath the passenger-seat
- Openable tool box, mounted left on the frame
- Detachable spare wheels under the loading bed
- Front and rear axle made of metal. Detailed undercarriage with a rigid steel frame and strong semi-elliptic leaf-springs front/rear
- Brilliant three-tone finish in green, red, and black, imprinted tarpaulin and lettering on the doors
Desription of the type designation “LO 2750”:
Number 2750 = cargo load in kilo
“L” Chassis is usable for trucks(L)
“O” and for busses(O)
TECHNICAL DATA (ORIGINAL VEHICLE)
- Loading bed with a tarpaulin-covered platform frame, manufactured by using selected materials, harmoniously adapted to the chassis
- Rigid steel frame, connected with strong cross-members
- 4-cylinder diesel engine OM 65 with Bosch injection pump & MB precombustion
- Cylinder housing and crankcase cast in one block
- Cylinder heads combined in pairs
- Strong semi-elliptic leaf-springs front/rear
- Hydraulic four-wheel brake
- Spacious driver’s cab, designed for 3 persons
|Bore x Stroke||110 x 130 mm|
|Output:||65 hp at 2,000 rpm|
|Track front/rear:||1,715 / 1,605 mm|
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.
- New Items 2020
- Book 25 Years CMC
- Catalog 2020
- Available soon
- All Products
- Models 1/18
- Engines and Chassis
- Models 1/12
- Currently not available