CMC Mercedes-Benz LO 2750 Truck Clear-Finish Version, 1933-1936
At the end of the twenties, a new era of truck manufacturing began in the factory of Daimler-Benz in Gaggenau. Their plans were calculated and different. By 1932 they presented the first truck series that featured the diesel engine as a standard feature. This was a daring initiative and it paid off. Within a short period of time, the diesel engine replaced the then commonly used Otto-engine. The diesel engine, because of its high reliability and efficiency, became the benchmark for all other truck engines. With a new fleet of highly adaptable and customizable trucks, a new Era in trucking was born.
After the global economic crisis of the late 1920s was over, an industrial resurgence was looming large everywhere. The Daimler-Benz AG lost no time in developing new, innovative commercial vehicles at its factory in Gaggenau, which made a name for efficiency and technical reliability. The offer of diesel-powered trucks back then was nothing short of being revolutionary.
Curiosity always leads people to wonder what materials are used to manufacture the high-quality CMC models?
With the Clear-Finish version of the Platform Truck LO 2750, there is evidence once more that if CMC talks about the use of valuable materials, you are bound to find them in the making of its models. Apart from a few exceptions, you are holding a metal precision model in your hands – one that is made of zinc alloy materials, stainless steel, copper, real wood, leather, and rubber for the tires. Only the engine is largely assembled from high-quality plastic components.
The “Clear-Finish” version is an honest presentation of what it takes to handcraft a unique CMC lineage of precision models that stand all by themselves in diecast industry and why they should not be missed in any collection.
- Hand-crafted metal precision model built from 2,059 single parts
- True-to-the-original, open loading bed
- Metal furnishings on the side boards and tailgate
- Side boards and tailgate can be folded down; both are made of real wood
- Highly detailed 4-cylinder diesel-engine, complete with all aggregates, pipes and cabling
- Detachable three-part bonnet with spring-loaded locking hooks
- Hand-crafted stainless-steel cooler with a Mercedes-Star filler cap that unscrews (caution needed, risk of breakage, observe operating instructions)
- Beautifully-replicated driver’s cab with a movable hand-brake lever and hinged windscreen. Seats are upholstered in real leather, and the bench cushion is removable
- Openable doors and functional direction indicator (winker)
- Fuel tank made of metal with functional filler cap, underneath the passenger-seat
- Openable tool box, mounted left on the frame
- Detachable spare wheel under the loading bed in the rear
- Front and rear axle made of metal. Detailed undercarriage with a rigid steel frame and strong semi-elliptic leaf-springs front/rear
- Metal surfaces sealed with a coat of transparent paint
Description of the type designation “LO 2750”:
Number 2750 = cargo load in kilo
“L” Chassis is usable for trucks(L)
“O” and for busses(O)
- Loading bed manufactured by using selected materials, harmoniously adapted to the chassis
- Rigid steel frame, connected with strong cross-members
- 4-cylinder diesel engine OM 65 with Bosch injection pump & MB precombustion
- Cylinder housing and crankcase cast in one block
- Cylinder heads combined in pairs
- Strong semi-elliptic leaf-springs front/rear
- Hydraulic four-wheel brake
- Spacious driver’s cab, designed for 3 persons
|Bore x Stroke||110 x 130 mm|
|Output:||65 hp at 2,000 rpm|
|Track front/rear:||1,715 / 1,605 mm|
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.
- New Items 2020
- Book 25 Years CMC
- Catalog 2020
- Available soon
- All Products
- Models 1/18
- Engines and Chassis
- Models 1/12
- Currently not available