CMC Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR , Mille Miglia 1955, #701 Kling
Limited Edition 2000 pcs.
The yearly major even of the Mille Miglia had in 1955 an especially attractive starting field. Mercedes-Benz had big plans, so they send an armada of four racing cars of the type 300 SLR to the race. They used it here for the very first time. World famous top drivers became installed to ensure the success versus hard competitors like Ferrari, Maserati and Aston Martin. Half of Italy was on its feet to follow the national racing high light of the year.
One car every minute started at the famous launch pad in Brescia. The first of the Mercedes-Team at 6:58 am with the allotted starting number 658 (starting number = starting time) was J.M. Fangio without a co-pilot. The next SLR driver with starting number 701 took on the race at 7:01 am, followed by Hans Herrmann at 7:04 am with starting number 704.
The last starter of the Mercedes-Benz factory team was the young daredevil Stirling Moss with his co-pilot Denis Jenkinson at 7:22 am with starting number 722.
The result of the race became in the meantime world famous and became a part of the racing history. Stirling Moss celebrated a triumphal victory. We recreated his car already some time ago (item number M-066) and it`s still available in our range.
Now we complete the cars from the Mercedes-Benz starting field. Each one is a worldwide limited edition of only 2,000 pieces.
J.M. Fangio became 2nd (item number M-117). Karl Kling was involved in an accident and hat to retire (item number M-118). Hans Herrmann was not able to finish the race because of an improper installed fuel filler cap which became lose. So fuel became spilled all over the driver and its co-pilot (item number M-119).
- Hand-mounted all metal precision model made of more than 1,500 single part
- True-to-scale body (Mille Miglia racing version)
- Accurate metal replication of the space frame
- Authentically replicated headrest on the two-seater model. Non-attached to the hatchback and folding upwards as a single unit (for accessing the spare wheels)
- The headrest of the one-seater is lying lose on the rear cover and can be flipped up separately. Rear cover can be opened as well.
- Integrated fuel fuller in the driver`s seat headrest. Removable fuel filler cap of stainless steel
- Functional metal rest for the engine hood
- Highly detailed 8-cylinder in-line-engine with angular installed position, all aggregates complete with pipes an cabling
- Spoke wheels with aluminium rims. Each stainless steel spoke is equipped with an individual nipple. Central locking nut that screws on and off for the fastening and removal of wheels (Different central locking nut on each side)
- Exactly formed all around wind shield. The one-seater is equipped with an additional metal cover on the co-pilots seat.
- Well-crafted cockpit with textile seat covering and leather interior
- Authentic detailed dashboard with all instruments and control elements
- Sidepipes made of stainless steel
- Realistic replication of the front- and rear wheel suspension with spring travel
- Premium paintwork with authentically positioned starting numbers (tampon printing method)
- Uncovered opening for maintenance just like the original. The cover is enclosed in the box and can be mounted magnetically to the hatch.
TECHNICAL DATA (ORIGINAL VEHICLE)
- 8-cylinder in-line-engine (embedded in a 33° angle to the right side)
- Bore x stroke: 78×78 mm
- Displacement: 2,982 cm ³
- Maximum output: 228 KW / 310 hp at 7,500 rpm
- Top speed: approx. 300 km/h
- Desmodromic valve control (positively controlled valves)
- Direct fuel injection
- Total length: 4,315 mm
- Wheel base: 2,370 mm
- Track width front / rear: 1,330 / 1,380 mm
- Chassis: wishbone in the front, single hinge swing axle in the rear
- Unloaded weight: 880 kg
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.
- New Items 2020
- Book 25 Years CMC
- Catalog 2020
- All Products
- Models 1/18
- Engines and Chassis
- Models 1/12
- Currently not available