CMC Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194) Panamericana, 1952
“Carrera Panamericana,” the famous Mexican endurance car-race, was held for the third time from November 19th through 25th in 1952. Although a first-time participant, Mercedes-Benz was crowned with a double victory in this race. The championship went to Karl Kling with the starting number 4.
A Dream Coming True for Mercedes Fans and Motorsport Enthusiasts
The 1952 “Carrera Panamericana” marked the biggest adventure of the year for the Mercedes-Benz racing department, whose performances in this race brought its long, successful history to a new height. Consisting of four cars and a huge crew led by “Alfred Neubauer,” the Mercedes-Benz team flew to Mexico in November 1952. The 300SL was powered by a newly-developed 3.1-liter engine with a maximum output of 177 hp. The race, which lasted five days and covered over 3,000 km, was highly dramatic. When it finally came to an end, Mercedes-Benz 300SL had not only set a new track record, but also won a double victory.
This model is an exact replica of Karl Kling’s championship car that bore the starting number 4. Additional characteristics include the green diamond logo on the front fenders and eight pieces of metal bar in front of the windshield. Earlier on the trial runs, a collision with a vulture had smashed its windscreen. The windshield was reinstalled with a reinforcement of metal bars, in case there was a second accident.
- Hand-crafted metal precision model
- Authentic and true-to-scale designed „Gullwing”-body
- Fold-up wing doors with turnable vent-windows
- Original colors and logos printed by tampon method
- Detailed 6-cylinder in-line-engine with aggregates and pipes
- Engine is mounted prototypical, inclined to the left by 50°
- Movable engine hood and trunk lid. Engine hood fastened with a real leather belt
- Seats are upholstered with a real textile cover in an attractive check pattern
- Interior-equipment with carpet flocking
- Trunk equipped with two spare-wheels
- Spring-mounted front and rear wheel suspension
Special features: Model M-023, starting number 4, eight pieces of metal bars with photo-etched ends in front of the windshield. Assembled by hand.
TECHNICAL DATA (ORIGINAL VEHICLE)
- 6-cylinder in-line-engine
- Overhead camshaft
- Fuel supply: injection pump
- Transmission: 4-speed synchromeshed
|Maximum output:||177 hp at 5,400 rpm|
|Top speed:||257 km/h|
|Wheel base:||2,400 mm|
|Track front:||1,330 mm|
|Track rear:||1,445 mm|
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.
- New Items 2020
- Book 25 Years CMC
- Catalog 2020
- Available soon
- All Products
- Models 1/18
- Engines and Chassis
- Models 1/12
- Currently not available