CMC Maserati 300S Sports Car, 1956
In the vicissitudes of its history, Maserati was always committed to road races. 1955 saw the company, famous for its trident logo, come up with the 300 S, a racing car that never failed to
clinch top finishes, including many victories, in international races.
The fame and glory brought by the 300 S, together with its commercial successes, made the vehicle one of the most successful race cars in the company history of Maserati.
The Maserati 300 S, which incorporated many features of the Maserati 250 F, a successful Formula 1 precursor, quickly achieved the reputation of being a very competitive sports car. In addition, it was decked out in beautiful bodywork by Carrozzeria Fantuzzi. Numerous private racing teams and famous drivers of the time celebrated impressive successes with the 300 S on its immensely powerful 260 hp six-cylinder in-line-engine.
Our original car was a right-hand drive, just like all 300 S became designed with this steering-system. Built in 1956 with a semi long nose body, and closed air inlets below the head lights. The sidewise installed air vent grids are unique features of that original car. Some other special features are the 5-gear drive and the beautiful wavelike designed windshield frame. Both of those features became only installed two times during the complete production time of the 26 (27) 300 S units ever produced. Also the two leather straps, meant for the fastening of the engine hood, became installed in an extraordinary angel to the fenders.
CMC recreated the aforementioned details in a way that bespeaks her commitment to quality and authenticity. A case in point is the drum brake, which is a masterpiece of replication. The star-shaped zinc alloy drum housing was equipped with cooling fins and staggered holes to facilitate the dissipation of heat and the drainage of splash water. Just remove the wheels from your model, and you will see that CMC replicated those parts true to the original. You will also find how a CMC model lives up to your dream once more.
- Hand-assembled metal precision model composed of 1,838 single parts
- Authentic and true-to-scale replication of the car body with a semi-longnose front
- Detail-exact lateral air vent grilles
- Precisely-replicated metal tube frame
- Removable bonnet with locking latches and open-cut cooling slots
- Two real leather straps provide additional fastening for the hood
- Gas and oil tank made of stainless steel plate. Each has its edges trimmed with rows of rivet arrangement and is equipped with a cap that can open
- 6-cylinder in-line-engine complete with all aggregates
- Wheels with hand-assembled stainless steel spokes, each being mounted on a nipple
- Screwable central locking nut with righ- / left hand threat
- A ground-breaking wheel system that incorporates the engineering of ball bearings
- Bucket seats are covered in real leather
- A dashboard replicated true to the original and distinctive with blue-colored dials
- Exact replication of the floor interior, including pipes of the oil cooling system
- Perfect replication of the ripped drum brakes in zinc alloy
- Functional front single wheel suspension on a triangular control arm made of metal
- Rear axle with cross compound spring and control arms made of metal
- Complete installation of brake and fuel lines, including the electric fuel pump and filter
- Brilliant high-gloss finish and crystal-clear Maserati logo
TECHNICAL DATA (ORIGINAL VEHICLE)
- 6-cylinder in-line-engine
- Two-seat sports spyder with aluminium body and tubular space frame
- Right hand drive.
|Maximum output:||260 hp at 6,500 rpm|
|Bore x stroke:||84 x 90 mm|
|Top speed:||approx. 280 km/h|
|Wheel base:||2,310 mm|
|Track front:||1,300 mm|
|Track rear:||1,250 mm|
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.
- New Items 2020
- Book 25 Years CMC
- Catalog 2020
- Available soon
- All Products
- Models 1/18
- Engines and Chassis
- Models 1/12
- Currently not available