CMC Maserati 300S, Engine with Showcase (CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE)
Hand-assembled replica of the dashing engine of the Maserati 300S, a successful sports racing car. The Maserati engineers in Modena incorporated into this engine both proven components and technology from that of Maserati 250F, a Formula 1 World Championship car. With 260 hp at 6,500 rpm, this 3-liter 6 cylinder in-line-engine powered the 300S to an unbelievable top speed of 280 km/hr.
It is not without reason that the Maserati 300S was one of the most successful sports racing cars of its time.
Much of its success is attributable to its sinewy engine, which is similar to the famous Formula 1 engine of the Maserati 250F in many ways. Thanks to its powerful drive, J.M. Fangio raced his 250F to the 1957 World Championship. This led Stirling Moss and several other famous race drivers to put their faith in the 300S 3-litre 6-cylinder engine. Apart from a number of top finishes, the 300S won the famous 1,000 km endurance race at the Nürburgring in 1956.
TECHNICAL DATA (ORIGINAL ENGINE)
- 6-cylinder in-line-engine
- Engine block and cylinder head made of aluminium
- Oil tray and valve cap made of magnesium
- Dual V-shaped overhead valves for each combustion chamber, operating with double overhead gear-driven cams and cam followers
- Crankshaft mounted on seven bearings
- Fuel management with three Weber dual carburetors
- Marelli dual ignition with two magnets
- Dry sump lubrication with circulation and suction pumps
- Water cooling with pump
|Maximum output:||260 hp at 6,500 rpm|
|Top speed:||approx. 280 km/hr|
|Bore x stroke:||84 x 90 mm|
|Compression ratio:||9.5 : 1|
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.