CMC Audi 225 Front Roadster, 1935 (white/red)
Limited Edition 4000 pcs.
At the Berlin Automobile Show in February 1935, the Audi Front 225 Roadster was one of the most admired cars. Its sporty-styled body and dynamic configuration caused a great deal of fascination among spectators. With the presentation of this 1:18 scale high-end Roadster model, CMC has managed to resurrect a nearly forgotten milestone of the Roadster era embedded in the elegant spirit of the thirties of the twentieth century.
After August Horch left the Horch plants, the ingenious pioneer of automobile manufacturing founded a new factory on July 16, 1909 in Zwickau, Saxony and named it Audi.
The naming of “Audi” was actually inspired by the Latin translation of his last name. In 2009, we are looking back upon the 100 years of a famous automobile mark. To mark an anniversary like this, it behoves CMC to release a classic, high-end, 1:18 scale model in celebration. Together with Audi, we decided on the Audi Front 225 Roadster, which was first presented to the public in 1935.
What with its extraordinary sporty look, the graceful curves of its well-balanced body, and its holistically dynamic line management, this Audi 225 touched off a sensation among automobile enthusiasts upon its first public appearance. CMC offers this ravishingly beautiful model of more than 1,600 single parts in three different two-tone colour combinations, which further the appeal of its charisma and elegance. Enjoy the incredible depth of details and high value of this exceptional model.
- Metal precision model hand-assembled from more than 1,600 single parts
- Authentic and true-to-scale body
- Box-type metal frame with a perfect imitation of the wood sub-frame
- True-to-the-original grill set in a masterfully crafted assemblage of metal work
- Double-winged engine hood with louvered vents; both wings can be folded and opened
- Six-cylinder in-line-engine with all aggregates, cabeling, and pipes
- Fully-equipped engine compartment, with a reinforced metal wall and a metal bar that swings out to support the opened engine hood
- Perfectly spoked wheels with aluminium rims, stainless steel spokes and nipples, all mounted by the hand
- One spare wheel with detachable screw, deposited in a concave space and covered by a rounded hood
- Shaftless single wheel suspension with cross-installed leaf springs of metal in the front and the rear
- Highly-detailed undercarriage displaying the filigree brake leverage and the bonded brake cables of the mechanical brake system
- True-to-the-detail replication of the cockpit with leather seats and fully instrumented dashboard
- Windshield with high gloss chromed metal frame and installed wiper motors
- Complex designed bumpers front / rear of stainless steel
- Brilliant two-tone painting
TECHNICAL DATA (ORIGINAL VEHICLE)
- Wanderer 6-cylinder in-line-engine
|Maximum output:||50 hp at 3,500 rpm|
|Bore x stroke:||71 x 95 mm|
|Top speed:||approx. 120 km/h|
|Wheel base:||3,100 mm|
|Total length:||4,500 mm|
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.
- New Items 2020
- Book 25 Years CMC
- Catalog 2020
- Available soon
- All Products
- Models 1/18
- Engines and Chassis
- Models 1/12
- Currently not available